I know that didn't sound remotely rhymey or cool, but I really don't have time to sit here and write you a story. (That's a combination of stress and freaking out talking.) Of course, I really shouldn't be blogging, but I needed a break. I've been planning and stressing and crying and prepping all day. Moving to a new grade is a ton of work! And my wonderful husband has been ironing and cleaning and stearing clear of the evil teacher monster that is whirling through the house Tasmanian Devil style. Quite frankly I have no idea why he stays around, I can be rather unpleasant when stressing about work. Please tell me I'm not the only one....please.
To begin my day, I really wanted to kick it off right, so I made doughnuts. This definitely made me feel better. Except for the extra dishes and kitchen mess I handed myself. I like to make my life extra challenging... ok, I'm just weird. Actually, it wasn't that challenging. This is possibly the easiest doughnut recipe around. AND it's healthy! See, doesn't that make you happy?
Project Wifey Wife Week #19- The Sweet
from Deceptively Delicious
1/2 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/2 cup sweet potato puree
1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
1 large egg white
1 Tbs soft tub margarine, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour or whole-wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat doughnut mold with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat together the sugar, pumpkin and sweet potato purees, milk, egg white, margarine, and vanilla. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon, and mix until incorporated.
3. Pour the batter into a gallon-size Ziplock baggie and cut the tip. Squeeze the batter into the doughnut mold.
**Tip** Use a tall glass to hold your baggie while you fill it. BAM, easy fillage!
- Are you a doughnut fan? You better be.
- Send me good vibes tomorrow. It's my first day of school!