The Thousandaire

Hello Friends! It's nice to see you again! I hope you had a great weekend... I really mean that!

My weekend was GRAND! I was living the life. My Kuya played in a poker tournament and won some moolah!!

























He called me at 1 am telling me the happy news! He immediately offered to share. I am the luckiest sister alive! He is so generous, he bought Hubs and I boxes o' fun!




















He also bought me a mani and pedi, and pretty much treated us to eat the whole weekend. I took full advantage of that part!!

We had lunch with Katwina at the Tofu House in the High Desert... OOOO YESS!




















Honey...that was just the appetizer that comes with your meal!!

This is was Katwina's first time having Korean Food. She ordered the Bulgogi. She DEVOURED it!







































I ordered the Beef Bibimbap which is a scorching hot pot of deliciousness. It came with a side of Tofu soup that was still bubbling when it arrived!



















If you're wondering how I fit that all in my belly... I don't know either. But, it was a challenge I took, and regretted. It was good, but I looked preggos when I walked out of there.

After lunch, we visited my parents and I helped my mommy roll some eggrolls! So simple!




















I love my mommy!

The filling was onion, lean pork, shrimp (tail on), and breakfast sausage. Katwina and Hubs LOOOVED it.





Rollin', Rollin', Rollin' down the rivah....





My mommy makes THE best filipino food. She made my favorite Kare-Kare which is a peanut butter ox-tail stew and Adobo.





This lil monkey loved it!




















After dinner, Sebby begged us to read to him.

Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed....AGAIN!





















Home is where my heart is.




















We also had the pleasure of double dating with some great friends! We went to this restaurant in Downtown LA.




















There was beer...




There was meat... pork rinds and "The kitchen sink."






Anytime you eat something on the menu called "the kitchen sink", you better make up for it in miles. (I did 4 miles on Monday morning... I think I worked the rinds off)

There was also silliness...









I'll get you in a picture next time Ed!!

There was also Ice Cream...























I don't know about you, but when there are a BILLION flavors to choose from, I always go with Vanilla... it never fails me.


We love double dates! And they are so sweet, they bought me a book that pretty much proves that food is my obsession. Everyone knows apparently.



























I'll be writing more about it later... but it confirms that food is my best friend. I would marry it but Hubs beat him to it.

Yay for short weeks! Here we go!


What is your FAVORITE ice cream flavor?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joanna, Are you open to trying other peoples recipes? I'm too busy and there are too many recipes I want to try, but I just don't have the time. I would love to send you some recipes I've come across to create and then blog so I can enjoy it through you and Sergio. Thanks, Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an awesome weekend! The food looked great. I am really glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom's eggrolls look yummy!

    My favorite ice cream flavor is Baskin Robbins' pralines 'n cream!

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS