Merry Christmas Eve with lots and lots of TREATS!

The day we've all been waiting for is almost here! CHRISTMAS!! Our time to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ and time with our friends and family. Awesomeness.

Last night, I had a dream that I was friends with Donald Duck. He got mad at me because I made fun of the fact that he wore a shirt.... he waddled away from our friendship. jerk.





















That's that happens when you stay up until 1 am baking. Hubsters and I made delicious treats in the kitchen! And I also managed to make a quick "lazy" baked chicken!

Treat Numero Uno: Hubby's Chocolate Chip Cookies



















He used the semi-sweet this time... he called these his "best yet!" They sure were!!

Treat Numero DOS: Homemade Almond Roca

Many of you might not know this, but I took Foods class every year of High School and in my senior year, I was VP of our Culinary Arts Club. Food runs DEEP in my blood homies! I busted out my recipe folder.

























Almond Roca was something I remember making and always wanted to try again! Wise decision on my part.

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 Tbs light corn syrup
2 sticks of butter
1 1/2 cups of slivered almonds
1 bag of Milk Chocolate chips

Melt sugar, water, corn syrup and butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.


















When the mixture boils, add the almonds. Let them dance in the pan for exactly 12 minutes. The color should be a light amber color. Don't let it burn!! eeeks!


















Pour the bubbly goop into a buttered cookie sheet and spread thin with a spatula.



















Sprinkle with chocolate chips and watch the magic happen.


















Wowza MahGowza


















Don't forget to put your signature.

















Refridge it and then break it into you mouth pieces and put into a shnazy bag for gift giving.

Project Wifey Wife Week 3:  Lemon Squares aka Sunshine Bars

*Recipe from The Cookie Bible

Ingredients:

Crust
2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup of confectioners' (powdered) sugar
pinch of salt
3/4 cups butter, diced
1/2 tsp of water

Lemon layer
4 eggs
2 1/4 cups of superfine baking sugar
1/4 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of grated lemon rind
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice


Crust
Sift the dry ingredients. Massage the butter into the mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs.





































Add the water and stir with a fork until you can form the mixture into a ball.


















Press evenly into a 13 x 9 in ovenproof dish and bake at 350 F for 15-20 minutes.


















Meanwhile, beat together the lemon layer ingredients. When the crust cools for a bit, pour on top!


















Bake for 25 minutes, cool, cut, plate, and powder. COMPLETE!




The sides cooked a little long so there were some pan mishaps. I had to hide the evidence. In my belly.



Uno Mas... here's my quick and lazy oven baked chicken.

Ingredients:
4 chicken thighs
seasoning of choice, I used Goya's Adobo seasoning
1 can of Campbells Cream of Chicken
handful of baby bella mushrooms

Season the chicken, brown them in olive oil.


Place in a dish, pour Cream of Chicken right out of the can, spread, sprinkle mushrooms, bake at 350 F for 30-40 minutes. Serve with rice and veggies.



One of my go-to meals for sure!



Now I'm off to the High Desert to visit my family! Let the festivities begin! Merry Christmas Eve everyone!!

Are you traveling anywhere for the Holidays?


3 comments:

  1. All your treats look so delicious. I love Almond Roca!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    hahahahah i love your dream about Donald ;) I had one once about Britney SPears we were Bff's yeah I woke up really excited LOL :)

    As far as traveling: We do Christmas Eve with my family, Christmas Day we are traveling to Palm Springs for Christmas with the fiances family then leaving sunday to visit the fiances parents in Arizona for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! Can I please live in your home? I will be your free taste tester for life! How much oven space do you two have?? Amazing what the two of you do - and even more lovely that you do it together. LOVE love love you two!! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take some sunshine bars! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I want to know what you think...no really I do! Leave a comment, question, or just a hello. It'll make me SMILE!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS